Shiba Inu (SHIB) was launched exactly two years ago today. Dubbed the “dogecoin killer” at the time, it soon established itself as an ecosystem coin rather than a meme coin.
Shiba Inu’s price was intentionally kept at $0 so early backers and developers could start earning and progressing the project from the start.
On launch day, August 1, 2020, SHIB opened at $0.000000001006. Two years later, on the same day, at 14:00, the price was $0.00001219 according to Coinmarketcap data.
Although Shiba Inu (SHIB) does not yet have its own blockchain, it uses ERC-20 (Ethereum Blockchain) as the basis for building its layers or applications.
The rivalry between SHIB and DOGE started after they adopted the same photo of the Shiba Inu dog breed as their logo, despite taking a different approach to the blockchain ecosystem.
While Dogecoin has its own blockchain and is therefore referred to as a coin, Shiba Inu does not have its own blockchain and is referred to as a token. Elon Musk’s Tesla and Starlink will accept Dogecoin for some select purchases, while Shiba Inu will be accepted by AMC theaters and others.
Here are some of Shiba Inu’s developments throughout the year
● Charity for Humanitarian Purposes: On day one of Shiba Inu’s launch, developers donated 50 percent of their stash to Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of the Ethereum blockchain, who in turn donated about $1 billion worth of Shiba Inu tokens to an Indian Covid-19 relief organization in India India donated in May 2021. He said at the time that it was the only way to use the coin so people wouldn’t interpret his transactions as actions.
Polygon (MATIC) co-founder Sandeep Nailwal said in a January 2022 Twitter post: “Following discussions with Vitalik (who has donated ~98% of the fund) for accelerated funding in biotechnology and medical science on a global scale, it has been finalized Paying $100 million USDC to Vitalik’s vision to do the same.”
Therefore, to enable this vision, particularly in research and development “which may extend beyond India,” a sum of USDC 100 million will be returned to Vitalik’s address to facilitate accelerated funding in the biotechnology and medical fields, where whenever he deems it appropriate. ” he added.
● Metaverse and NFT: A big announcement regarding the future of Shiba Inu was made in March 2022. The project was then called Shibainu: The Metaverse and now it’s called Shiberse. Shiba Inu Metaverse consists of three primary crypto tokens (SHIB, BONE, LEASH) and Ethereum crypto for purchase of virtual Metaverse land and Shiba Inu NFT.
Click here to learn more about it
Metaverse is a virtual technology where users interact with 3D animated avatars and non-fungible tokens (NFT) on a crypto blockchain. There are many Metaverse virtual worlds, and companies like HSBC Bank, Jp Morgan Bank, Union Bank of India (UBI) and others are also represented.
Click here to learn more about it
● Developer off site: Nobody knows who created Shiba Inu (SHIB) and only knew someone named “Ryoshi” as the anonymous developer of SHIB. He announced in a Medium post that he was leaving the SHIB crypto world, but the project would go ahead and add value to ecosystem believers through a series of planned projects.
Ryoshi said in his farewell note on Medium, “I’m not important and one day I’ll be gone without notice. Take the SHIBA and travel up frens.”
● Marketing: Shiba Inu (SHIB) has partnered with Welly’s, an Italian fast food joint, to lend their brand identity and create a brand mascot for Welly’s. Welly’s launched a marketing campaign and completely changed the theme of their restaurant to Shiba Inu, and a lot of hype was generated overall.
Click here to learn more about the Welly’s and Shiba Inu partnership: https://www.outlookindia.com/business/shib-gets-own-restaurant-in-partnership-with-fast-food-chain-welly -s-crypto-market case news-75913
SHIB X WELLY (.@wellyfriends)! Exceptional Shib Branded Fast Food Available NOW, Shib Ecosystem Integration, Global Store Expansion and our first bold step into “real” products, all explained in this medium! Don’t eat like a clown, eat WELL. https://t.co/jgs4pWQNHw
– Shytoshi Kusama™ (@ShytoshiKusama) February 2, 2022
● Cooperation with the Shiba Inu Film Studio: A few weeks ago, there was an announcement from Shiba Inu about his collaboration with a 17-year-old film studio called The Third Floor (TTF). This collaboration was done with the goal of visual development of the virtual world of the SHIB.io metaverse. TTF has worked with Marvel Cinematic Universe, Star Wars, and other animated film studios in the past, and Shiba Inu hopes to use their experience and skills to visually develop his Metaverse world.
“Every day we are excited to work with the teams on some of the most memorable and ambitious feature film, television and gaming projects to come into being. The Metaverse offers everyone new opportunities to evolve and participate in the building of the world and visual universe, and we’re thrilled to partner with the Shiba Inu teams as they innovate in this expanding landscape,” said Dane Smith, Chief Strategy Officer, The Third Floor in a press release.
Shiba Inu welcomes THE THIRD FLOOR to https://t.co/y4Nj69ITP7 The Metaverse
— Shib (@Shibtoken) July 20, 2022
● Shiba Inu brand: When Shiba Inu was started, it had a quadrillion total stock. Later, the developers realized that in order for SHIB to successfully increase its price, its supply had to be reduced. Hence the Shiba Inu Combustion Protocol was started.
Click here to learn more about the various Shiba Inu cremation events that took place in 2021 and early 2022